"website" - www.digitalcvservices.co.za
"We/Us" - Digital CV Services or any of its employees.
"Management/The Management" - A member of the Digital CV Services Senior Management Team.
"Customer/Client/You/Your" - An individual who consents to place an order for any of the services listed on the website - www.digitalcvservices.co.za.
“CV/Services” – Writing, editing and formatting of a CV, Cover Letter, Application Form, Personal Statement, Interview Questions or any other documentation commissioned by the client.
“CV” – Curriculum vitae
All documents are produced in English.
By using our services you agree to indemnify and hold Digital CV Services free from any losses, liabilities and expenses (including legal fees) resulting from use of products and services and advice offered via the website, any printed material originally produced by Digital CV Services or any verbal advice or instruction provided by an employee of Digital CV Services. Indemnity extends to any breach of the terms and conditions, or uploading/downloading/reproduction of contents/data from this site or any third party site or any other online service.
Digital CV Services Liability
Digital CV Services shall not be held liable for the failure of the Client in obtaining any position, occupation, promotion or achieving any other career objective. Digital CV Services shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss. Digital CV Services shall not be liable for any warranty or representation not expressly provided in this agreement.
Use of direct bank deposit or EFT
Use of direct bank deposit or EFT to pay Digital CV Services for services is done strictly at your own risk. Payments can only be made by direct bank deposit or EFT within South Africa. Digital CV Services accept no responsibility for any misuse of your Credit / Debit Card, Bank Account or other means of payment arising as a result of using Digital CV Services for services.
Use of PayPal
We do NOT accept payment by PayPal under any circumstances and take no responsibility for any monies lost or costs incurred as a result of attempting to make payment to Digital CV Services by PayPal. Payments can only be made by direct bank deposit or EFT within South Africa.
Payments Not Honoured
If, for any reason, your payment is not honoured by your bank or by yourself then the following conditions will apply to your order:
If no payment is received from you within seven working days from the date Digital CV Services emailed your order confirmation and invoice as per quotation date, then Digital CV Services will accept as per our understanding that you the customer do not intend to use our services and the order deemed canceled and closed. No further communication will be required from both parties.
First CV and Cover Letter draft takes normally 2 working days* to complete from the date your order is confirmed by Digital CV Services and full payment has been received and authorised. You will be notified by Digital CV Services if the preparation of your documents is likely to take significantly longer than two working days due to unforeseen circumstances.
*Working days are Monday to Friday (excluding South African public holidays) Working hours are 9am to 5pm.
100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
1. You must allow Digital CV Services reasonable time to make alterations to your CV, the minimum turnaround time for updates and alterations is 1 working day*.
2. You must allow sufficient time prior to any deadline for submission of a job application for which you intend to use the CV and Cover Letter which you have commissioned Digital CV Services to produce on your behalf in order to enable Digital CV Services to make any changes required.
3. You must submit all your requirements and applicable documents with the "Request for Quotation Form" on our website, a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the deadline for an employment application for which you are intending to use the CV and Cover Letter.
3. You must provide us with sufficient information to enable us to complete any alterations to your satisfaction. This particularly relates to information regarding your requirements which may only be applicable in your industry sector.
4. You must agree not to alter the draft yourself until you have allowed Digital CV Services to complete any revisions you have requested in accordance with the points above.
Failure to Comply with The Above Terms Renders The 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Invalid
The 100% customer satisfaction guarantee only applies to versions of your CV commissioned during the CV drafting process right through to the final stage you approved the final draft of your CV.
Cancellation of your order by you
However, we do recognise that our clients can be affected by circumstances beyond their control and therefore offer a cancellation policy, that balances the cost of our administration costs, cancellation of consultant’s diary and research work undertaken.
1. To cancel your order, please notify us in writing within 3 hours from ordering, providing we have not already started working on your CV Package. We will refund the full amount of the CV Package relevant within 30 days of your cancellation. Failure to inform us in writing that you want to cancel your order within 3 hours from ordering may mean that the below scales will apply:
2. Up to 1 working day prior to delivery of your first CV draft; 50% will be refunded within 30 days of your cancellation.
3. Up to 2 working days prior to delivery of your first CV draft; 0% will be refunded.
Use of a compatible Microsoft Word version to view your draft CV & Cover Letter documents
Please note that some older Microsoft Word versions is not fully supported on all devices including formatting features. This means that some formatting featured cannot be displayed correctly when viewing a Microsoft Word file using an outdated Microsoft Word version. Editing Microsoft Word files on your device can also make them unusable when they are sent to recruiters. This is a Microsoft version compatibility issue over which we have no control. We would therefore recommend viewing and editing your Microsoft Word Draft CV using a PC / Laptop with a compatible Microsoft Word version installed. (at least Microsoft Word 2016 version).
Updating your draft CV and Cover Letter documents
Steps to remember
1. Update MS Word CV Version of draft CV and Cover Letter documents
2. Save MS Word
3. Save MS Word to PDF
4. Always use the PDF CV Version of draft CV and Cover Letter documents to apply for job interviews, accept if it’s a requirement to submit your MS Word CV Version by the agency that wants to interview you. (Beware that there is a possibility that your MS Word CV Version may be edited without your knowledge or copied and used without your consent.)
Communicating with Digital CV Services
Given the complexity, nature of business and number of CV projects we manage, we prefer email to the use of phone since they make communication and explanation of CV details and recommendations easier and diminish the probabilities of misunderstandings. An email gives both parties a written proof in the case of issues in the development of your CV package. Digital CV Services reserve the right not to communicate by the use of phone.
Revision of Draft Documents
Upon receipt of your drafted CV and Cover Letter you are required to confirm receipt by email. You must notify Digital CV Services of any changes required within one working day - two revisions do apply, one working day for each revision. Once you have approved the final draft of your CV, or after this period has elapsed we reserve the right to charge an additional fee for any alterations. Should you wish to change any details after acceptance of the final draft, additional charges will apply.
If, for any reason, upon receipt of your drafted CV and Cover Letter you have not confirmed receipt of your drafted CV and Cover Letter by email, then the following conditions will apply:
If no receipt confirmation or amendments was received from you within two working days from the date Digital CV Services emailed your drafted CV and Cover Letter for your review and approval, then Digital CV Services will accept as per our understanding that you are satisfied with your drafted CV and Cover Letter "as it is" and the order deemed complete and closed. No further communication will be required from both parties.
1. A new quotation will be prepared for the preparation of extra versions of the CV or Cover Letter after two official revisions has been completed as per your requests and the approval and finalization process has been completed.
2. A new quotation will also be applied if you decide that you would like your CV targeted for another type of role or a different employment sector after your CV has already been completed to your original CV.
3. If no receipt confirmation or amendments was received from you within two working days from the date Digital CV Services emailed your drafted CV and Cover Letter for your review and approval, then Digital CV Services reserves the right to accept as per our understanding that you are satisfied with your drafted CV and Cover Letter "as it is" and the order deemed complete and closed. A new quotation will be applied for any delayed amendments.
Electronic Copies of Documents
Whilst every attempt is made to check electronic documentation for viruses and bugs before transmitting by email, it is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is adequately protected from viruses, bugs and trojan horses.
Digital CV Services cannot take responsibility for any computer or Microsoft Word version compatibility issues you may experience with your individual PC, laptop, device or Microsoft Word version.
We can only commence work on an order once we have received all necessary documents/details and once full payment is received and authorized.
Our turnaround times are timed from the point at which we receive the required information and full payment in order to fulfil your order. Once the above process is complete in full, you will have your first CV draft within 2 working days for your review and approval.
Should you find it necessary to make a complaint about any aspect of our Services, please submit your complaint in writing in the first instance to: email@example.com
1. We endeavour to respond to all correspondence, including complaints, within a maximum of 48 hours from receipt. All complaints must be made in writing.
2. Should a complaint not be resolved to a client’s satisfaction, we welcome arbitration from a respected and mutually agreed independent third party - all costs to be covered by the customer.
We reserve the right to delegate our rights and obligations to third parties in order to provide Services to our Clients.
Our Obligations to You
Digital CV Services agrees to provide services to you with reasonable skill and care and in accordance with the Terms & Conditions stated above.
Your Obligations When Using Our Services
In consideration of the provision of the Services the Client agrees
1. To make the Payments prior to receiving any Services from Digital CV Services.
2. To co-operate with Digital CV Services by providing information requested.
3. To follow the reasonable instructions of Digital CV Services relating to the service you have ordered.
Your Obligations When Submitting Information to Us
1. You warrant that the information submitted to us does not contain false or defamatory material, or that which infringes the copyright, trademark rights and intellectual rights of third parties or submit any information likely to damage Digital CV Services.
2. Digital CV Services cannot be held liable for any criminal proceedings which arise as a result of false or misleading information being included in your CV or any other documents prepared by Digital CV Services.
Terms & Conditions of Service - Effective: 1 April, 2021