Our Terms & Conditions
We take your commitment to advancing your job search seriously and we are very excited and honored to help you with the tools and processes that have helped others to generate results to advance their career. Our greatest desire is to ensure our customers are satisfied at all levels with our CV services that we are offering.
We strive to provide the best service and quality content by conducting intensive research that our customers rely on. We are committed to continuing to evolve and excel, in taking meaningful steps to provide just the best in CV writing services at competitive pricing.
To help us have a clear start, here are the terms and conditions for you to accept with your order and purchase.
Summary of Terms & Conditions
Before placing an order, please read the Terms & Conditions. If something is unclear, please ask for clarification.
► By placing an order with Digital CV Services, you, the customer, agree to accept our terms and conditions.
► All invoices are based on your work experience, career history, certifications, and the position you're aiming for.
► We'll require you to fill out the Order Form and provide an updated version of your CV.
► No order is valid unless and until we accept it in writing and payment has been received in full and authorized.
► Digital CV Services will send you an order confirmation and an invoice with banking information through email.
► We can only begin working on an order after receiving all essential documents/details and receiving and authorizing full payment.
► If the client suspects a transaction error, please contact us in writing within 3 hours after placing the order. Our policy is to issue a complete refund pending management's inquiry. Within 30 days of your cancellation, we will return the applicable portion of the purchase price. – Please see the complete Terms & Conditions for more information.
► If you wish to cancel your order, please do so in writing within 3 hours of placing it, assuming we have not yet begun working on your CV Package. Within 30 days of your cancellation, we will return the applicable portion of the purchase price.
► You are solely responsible for using direct bank deposit or EFT to pay Digital CV Services for services. Payments can only be made by direct bank deposit or EFT within South Africa. (Name and surname as a reference.)
► Under no circumstances do we accept payment by PayPal, and we accept no responsibility for any cash lost or charges spent as a result of attempting to pay Digital CV Services using PayPal.
► Our turnaround times are timed from the point at which we receive the required information and full payment in order to fulfill your order.
► By using our services, you agree to indemnify and hold Digital CV Services free from any losses, liabilities, and expenses (including legal fees) resulting from the use of products and services offered via the website, any printed material originally produced by Digital CV Services, or any verbal advice or instruction provided by an employee of Digital CV Services. Indemnity extends to any breach of the terms and conditions, or uploading/downloading/reproduction of contents/data from this site or any third-party site or any other online service.
► If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions of use, you must immediately stop using our services.
► Please see our full Terms & Conditions below for further information.
Summary of Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions and our prices at any time and without prior notice. Please note that the terms and conditions set out below only apply to the services advertised directly on the website www.digitalcvservices.co.za. Please see third party websites for terms and conditions pertaining to services provided by www.digitalcvservices.co.za as part of a strategic partnership or referral scheme.
"website" - www.digitalcvservices.co.za
"We/Us" - Digital CV Services or any of its employees.
"Management/The Management" - A member of the Digital CV Services Senior Management Team.
"Customer/Client/You/Your" - An individual who consents to place an order for any of the services listed on the website - www.digitalcvservices.co.za.
“CV/Services” – Writing, editing and formatting of a CV, Cover Letter, Application Form, Personal Statement, Interview Questions or any other documentation commissioned by the client.
“CV” – Curriculum vitae
All documents are produced in English.
By using our services, you agree to indemnify and hold Digital CV Services free from any losses, liabilities, and expenses (including legal fees) resulting from the use of products and services offered via the website, any printed material originally produced by Digital CV Services, or any verbal advice or instruction provided by an employee of Digital CV Services. Indemnity extends to any breach of the terms and conditions, or uploading/downloading/reproduction of contents/data from this site or any third-party site or any other online service.
Digital CV Services Liability
Digital CV Services shall not be held liable for the failure of the client to obtain any position, occupation, promotion, or achieve any other career objective. Digital CV Services is not responsible for any indirect or consequential losses. Digital CV Services is not responsible for any warranty or representation that is not expressly stated in this agreement.
Use of direct bank deposit or EFT
Use of direct bank deposit or EFT to pay for services is done strictly at your own risk. Payments can only be made by direct bank deposit or EFT within South Africa. Digital CV Services accepts no responsibility for any misuse of your credit or debit card, bank account, or other means of payment arising as a result of using Digital CV Services for services.
Use of PayPal
Under no circumstances do we accept payment by PayPal. We take no responsibility for any money lost or costs incurred as a result of attempting to make payment to Digital CV Services by PayPal. Payments can only be made by direct bank deposit or EFT within South Africa.
Payments Not Honoured
If, for any reason, your payment is not honoured by your bank or by yourself, then the following conditions will apply to your order:
- If no payment is received from you within one working day from the date Digital CV Services emailed your order confirmation and invoice, then Digital CV Services will accept, as per our understanding, that you, the client, do not intend to use our services and the order will be deemed canceled and closed.
- No further communication will be required from either party.
- The first CV and Cover Letter draft takes normally 2 working days* to complete, from the date your order is confirmed by Digital CV Services and full payment has been received and authorised.
- You will be notified by Digital CV Services if the preparation of your documents is likely to take significantly longer than two working days due to unforeseen circumstances.
- *Working days are Monday to Friday (excluding South African public holidays) Working hours are 9am to 5pm.
Cancellation of your order by you
However, we do recognise that our clients can be affected by circumstances beyond their control and therefore offer a cancellation policy, that balances the cost of our administration costs, cancellation of consultant’s diary and research work undertaken.
- To cancel your order, please notify us in writing within 3 hours of ordering, providing we have not already started working on your CV package. Within 30 days of your cancellation, we will refund the full amount of the CV Package. Failure to inform us in writing that you want to cancel your order within 3 hours of ordering may mean that the below scales will apply:
- If you cancel up to one working day before the delivery of your first CV draft, 50% of your order will be refunded within 30 days.
- Up to two working days before the delivery of your first CV draft, 0% of your payment will be refunded.
Use of a compatible Microsoft Word version to view your draft CV & Cover Letter documents
Please note that some older Microsoft Word versions are not fully supported on all devices, including formatting features. This means that some formatting features cannot be displayed correctly when viewing a Microsoft Word file using an outdated Microsoft Word version. Editing Microsoft Word files on your device can also make them unusable when they are sent to recruiters. This is a Microsoft version compatibility issue over which we have no control. We would therefore recommend viewing and editing your Microsoft Word Draft CV on a PC/Laptop with a compatible Microsoft Word version installed. (at least the Microsoft Word 2016 version).
Updating your draft CV and Cover Letter documents
Steps to remember:
- Update MS Word CV Version of draft CV and Cover Letter documents
- Save MS Word
- Save MS Word to PDF
- Always use the PDF CV Version of draft CV and Cover Letter documents to apply for job interviews, accept if it’s a requirement to submit your MS Word CV Version by the agency that wants to interview you. (Beware that there is a possibility that your MS Word CV Version may be edited without your knowledge or copied and used without your consent.)
Communicating with Digital CV Services
Given the complexity, nature of business and number of CV projects we manage, we prefer email to the use of the phone since it makes communication and explanation of CV details and recommendations easier and diminishes the probability of misunderstandings. An email gives both parties a written confirmation in the case of issues in the development of your CV package. Digital CV Services reserves the right not to communicate via phone.
Revision of Draft Documents
Upon receipt of your drafted CV and Cover Letter, you are required to confirm receipt by email. You must notify Digital CV Services of any changes required within one working day - two revisions do apply, one working day for each revision. Once you have approved the final draft of your CV, or after this period has elapsed we reserve the right to charge an additional fee for any alterations. Should you wish to change any details after acceptance of the final draft, additional charges will apply.
If for any reason, upon receipt of your drafted CV and Cover Letter you have not confirmed receipt of your drafted CV and Cover Letter by email, then the following conditions will apply:
- If no receipt confirmation or amendments are received from you within one working day from the date Digital CV Services emailed your drafted CV and Cover Letter for your review and approval, then Digital CV Services will accept as per our understanding that you are satisfied with your drafted CV and Cover Letter "as it is" and the order deemed complete and closed.
- No further communication will be required from both parties.
- A new quotation will be prepared for the preparation of extra versions of the CV or cover letter after two official revisions have been completed as per your requests and the approval and finalization process has been completed.
- A new quotation will also be applied if you decide that you would like your CV targeted for another type of role or a different employment sector after your CV has already been completed for your original CV.
- If no receipt confirmation or amendments were received from you within one working day from the date Digital CV Services emailed your drafted CV and cover letter for your review and approval, then Digital CV Services reserves the right to accept, as per our understanding, that you are satisfied with your drafted CV and cover letter "as is" and the order is deemed complete and closed. Any delayed amendments will be applied as a new quotation.
Electronic Copies of Documents
While every attempt is made to check electronic documentation for viruses and bugs before transmitting by email, it is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is adequately protected from viruses, bugs and trojan horses.
Digital CV Services cannot take responsibility for any computer or Microsoft Word version compatibility issues you may experience with your individual PC, laptop, device, or Microsoft Word version.
We can only commence work on an order once we have received all the necessary documents and details and once full payment has been received and authorized.
Our turnaround times are timed from the point at which we receive the required information and full payment in order to fulfill your order. Once the above process is completed in full, you will have your first CV draft within 2 working days for your review and approval.
Should you find it necessary to make a complaint about any aspect of our Services, please submit your complaint in writing in the first instance to: email@example.com
- We endeavour to respond to all correspondence, including complaints, within a maximum of 48 hours from receipt. All complaints must be made in writing.
- Should a complaint not be resolved to a client’s satisfaction. We welcome arbitration from a respected and mutually agreed an independent third party - all costs to be covered by the customer.
We reserve the right to delegate our rights and obligations to third parties in order to provide services to our clients.
Our Obligations to You
Digital CV Services agrees to provide services to you with reasonable skill and care and in accordance with the terms and conditions stated above.
Your Obligations When Using Our Services
In consideration of the provision of the services, the client agrees
1. To make the payments prior to receiving any services from Digital CV Services.
2. To co-operate with Digital CV Services by providing the information requested.
3. To follow the reasonable instructions of Digital CV Services relating to the service you have ordered.
Your Obligations When Submitting Information to Us
- You warrant that the information you submit to us is not false or defamatory, or that it does not infringe on the copyright, trademark rights, or intellectual rights of third parties, or that it does not contain any information that is likely to harm Digital CV Services.
- Digital CV Services is not liable for any criminal proceedings that arise as a result of false or misleading information in your CV or any other documents prepared by Digital CV Services.
Terms & Conditions of Service - Effective: 1 January, 2022
GET IN TOUCH!
We appreciate you contacting us. Leave us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.